odp
1 to 24 of 296 locations
-
Asschatterkeerkade Leusden
Asschatterkeerkade Leusden Hagenouwselaan 0
3831 JP Leusden -
Museum Bunker
Museum Bunker Langesteeg 1
3831 RZ Leusden -
Mondriaan House
Mondriaan House Kortegracht 11
3811 KG Amersfoort -
Museum Flehite
Museum Flehite Westsingel 50
3811 BC Amersfoort -
Kersenmuseum (cherry museum)
Kersenmuseum (cherry museum)
Cherry growing plays an important role in the heart of the Kromme Rijn region, and it is here you will find the Kersenmuseum (cherry museum) at Theo and Martine Vernooy's fruit farm.
Visitors to this interactive museum will learn about the rich history of cherry growing, with attention to aspects such as tradition, pride, culture, great stories, nostalgia and unity. Although we are talking about a centuries-old tradition, cherry growing is very much evolving as age-old expertise is combined with modern-day technology.
Landwinkel de Kersenhut
Groenewoudseweg 18
3945 BC Cothen -
Waterline Museum Fort Vechten
Waterline Museum Fort Vechten Achterdijk 12
3981 HA Bunnik -
Fort bij Vechten
Fort bij Vechten Achterdijk 12
3981 HB Bunnik -
Duurstede Castle
Duurstede Castle Langs de Wal 6
3961 AB Wijk bij Duurstede -
't Veerhuys
't Veerhuys Veerweg 7
4112 PC Beusichem -
Fort Werk aan de Korte Uitweg
Fort Werk aan de Korte Uitweg
Fort Werk aan de Korte Uitweg (Fort WKU) is located near the Lek River on the island of Schalkwijk. Here, where the kingfisher swoops over the water and you can hear the grass rustling, you will find a tearoom and a designated Natuurkampeerterrein, or Natural Campsite.
There is lots to do in and around the fort. Have a coffee or lunch after a bike ride or a hike, or enjoy a 'green' holiday on the Natural Campsite, where you can spend the night in an honest-to-goodness fort cabin. Hold a business meeting or a drinks reception or attend a culinary workshop. Let yourself be surprised at this unique location. A variety of fun activities are organised throughout the year.
Lange uitweg 42
3999 WL Houten -
The Botanical Gardens
The Botanical Gardens Budapestlaan 17
3584 CD Utrecht -
Boerderij -Landwinkel Nieuw Slagmaat
Boerderij -Landwinkel Nieuw Slagmaat Marsdijk 5
3981 HE Bunnik -
Rietveld Schröderhuis
Rietveld Schröderhuis
The Rietveld Schröder House is the architectural highlight of the art movement De Stijl. The house was designed by the Utrecht architect and designer Gerrit Rietveld, commissioned by widow Truus Schröder in 1924. The house is not only designed but also decorated by Gerrit Rietveld (1888 – 1964).
De Stijl
The house is designed according to the principles of De Stijl. Characteristic for De Stijl are the seamless transitions from inside to out, by breaking open the closed walls. The use of primary colours red, blue and yellow (besides white, grey and black) is also part of this art movement.Truus Schröder was deeply involved in the location and design of the house. She had a clear view on the way she wanted to live. Soberness, for example, was fundamental, as she wanted to live in the active sense and not be lived. This resulted in a large and bright living area which can be partitioned into different spaces using flexible walls.
Through the years, Rietveld did several adjustments to the building, but after the passing of Truus Schöder in 1985, the house was restored and brought back to original state. The Rietveld Schröderhuis consist lots of original furniture by Rietveld. For example the zigzag chair and the famous red-blue chair.
Accessibility
Unfortunately the Rietveld Schröder House is not accessible for wheel chairs, prams and strollers. Prins Hendriklaan 50a
3512XC Utrecht -
Highland West Coelhorst
Highland West Coelhorst Coelhorsterweg 4
3828 PC Hoogland -
The Horse Sanctuary
The Horse Sanctuary Birkstraat 96
3768 HL Soest -
Visitor Centre De Boswerf
Visitor Centre De Boswerf Prins Bernhardlaan 3
3708 BR Zeist -
RAUM
RAUM
RAUM is an oasis in the new city, in the heart of Leidsche Rijn Center, where you can create, imagine and question the future of the city through art & design.
The city is a source of knowledge, skills, creativity and resources. In order to unlock that source, you must stimulate interaction between people and the environment. RAUM does this by stimulating through cultural experiment. And that provides new insights. Stories are made and told at RAUM. It is a place where art and design show the challenges of our city. A place that gives shape to the residents' solidarity with their city.
Berlijnplein 520
3541 CM Utrecht -
Blokhoven inundation area
Blokhoven inundation area
The Blokhoven polder flood plain is situated behind the Achterdijk in Schalkwijk. During heavy rainfall, it can collect up to 23,000 m3 of water to prevent Schalkwijk from being flooded. This volume is equivalent to around 10 Olympic swimming pools. The area is at the heart of the New Dutch Waterline. In the summer, the plain is flooded twice a month to illustrate the inundation principle for visitors. If heavy or prolonged rainfall is forecast, the water board may decide to forego the inundation, as the plain will be needed to collect excess water.
Achterdijk 1
3998 NE Schalkwijk -
Grebbe Line Visitor's Centre
Grebbe Line Visitor's Centre Grebbelinie Bezoekerscentrum
Buursteeg 2
3927EJ Renswoude -
Bike Boat Eemlijn
Bike Boat Eemlijn Fietsboot Eemlijn, opstapplaats Eemdijk
Eemweg 72 (tussen fietsknooppunten 17 en 64)
3741 LC Baarn -
Pannenkoekenhuis Bergzicht
Pannenkoekenhuis Bergzicht Doornseweg 23
3931 MH Woudenberg -
Fort 't Hemeltje
Fort 't Hemeltje Fortweg 11
3992 LX Houten -
Grote Kerk Vianen (Great Church)
Grote Kerk Vianen (Great Church)
Hubrecht van Vianen founded a chapel in the 13th Century. It fell under the mother church in Hagestein and began growing fast. In the year 1345, it became a parish church and was granted marriage and burial rights. For this, a sum of money had to be paid to the church in Hagestein annually. In the 14th Century, the chapel was replaced by a single-nave church. In the year 1433, following a feud between Vianen and Hagestein, the Bishop of Utrecht decided to split the two churches.
In the mid-15th Century, the church was replaced by a 3-aisle Gothic hall church which is the same size as the current church. (Including the tower, it’s 77.5 metres long, 43 metres wide and 41 metres high.) Since the church also contains the family graves of the Lords of Vianen, it was required to match the grand status of the Brederodes in terms of its size and appearance.
After a fire in the year 1540, the church (de Grote Kerk) was rebuilt in its current form almost immediately (as a combination of a hall church and cruciform church) with the support of Reinoud III van Brederode. The church became Reformed under his son, Hendrik van Brederode. On 25 September 1566, the Roman Catholic institution disappeared and then, on 1 October, the first Protestant service was held.
Discover all monuments in Vianen. Grote kerk Vianen
Voorstraat 110
4132 AT Vianen -
Huis Doorn
Huis Doorn Langbroekerweg 10
3941 MT Doorn
- Current page1
- Go to page2
- Go to page3
- Go to page4
- Go to page5
- …
- Go to page13
- Go to the next page