odp
25 to 48 of 298 locations
-
Recreatieboerderij De Kleine Weide
Recreatieboerderij De Kleine Weide Biesbosserweg 19
3927 CV Renswoude -
Camping De Grebbelinie
Camping De Grebbelinie Ubbeschoterweg 12
3927 CJ Renswoude -
Boerderij het Gagelgat: Boerderij van 't Jaar!
Boerderij het Gagelgat: Boerderij van 't Jaar! Boerderij Het Gagelgat
Birktstraat 107
3768 HD Soest -
TOP Museum Spakenburg
TOP Museum Spakenburg Zuiderzeekade
Spakenburg -
Buiten in de Kuil - Lage Vuursche
Buiten in de Kuil - Lage Vuursche Zevenlindenweg 9
3749 AW Lage Vuursche -
Castle Slot Zuylen
Castle Slot Zuylen Tournooiveld 1
3611 AS Oud Zuilen -
UIT in IJsselstein I Tourist Info
UIT in IJsselstein I Tourist Info Walkade 2-4
3401 DS IJsselstein -
Museum Vredegoed
Museum Vredegoed Heuvellaan 7
3612 BA Tienhoven -
TOP Oortjespad
TOP Oortjespad TOP Oortjespad, parkeerplaats Kinderboerderij en bezoekerscentrum
Oortjespad
3471HD Kamerik -
Fort Nieuwersluis
Fort Nieuwersluis Rijksstraatweg 7B
3631 AA Nieuwersluis -
Grote Kerk Vianen (Great Church)
Grote Kerk Vianen (Great Church)
Hubrecht van Vianen founded a chapel in the 13th Century. It fell under the mother church in Hagestein and began growing fast. In the year 1345, it became a parish church and was granted marriage and burial rights. For this, a sum of money had to be paid to the church in Hagestein annually. In the 14th Century, the chapel was replaced by a single-nave church. In the year 1433, following a feud between Vianen and Hagestein, the Bishop of Utrecht decided to split the two churches.
In the mid-15th Century, the church was replaced by a 3-aisle Gothic hall church which is the same size as the current church. (Including the tower, it’s 77.5 metres long, 43 metres wide and 41 metres high.) Since the church also contains the family graves of the Lords of Vianen, it was required to match the grand status of the Brederodes in terms of its size and appearance.
After a fire in the year 1540, the church (de Grote Kerk) was rebuilt in its current form almost immediately (as a combination of a hall church and cruciform church) with the support of Reinoud III van Brederode. The church became Reformed under his son, Hendrik van Brederode. On 25 September 1566, the Roman Catholic institution disappeared and then, on 1 October, the first Protestant service was held.
Discover all monuments in Vianen. Grote kerk Vianen
Voorstraat 110
4132 AT Vianen -
De Paltz Estate
De Paltz Estate De Paltz 1
3768 MZ Soest -
Stayokay hostel Utrecht-Bunnik
Stayokay hostel Utrecht-Bunnik Rhijnauwenselaan 14b
3981 HH Bunnik -
Fort Werk aan de Groeneweg
Fort Werk aan de Groeneweg
Walking through the historic trenches of Werk aan de Groeneweg is like a walk back in time. The defence structure still has its original configuration. The infantry set-up in World War One consisted of a double trench with earthen walls, 55 group shelters and lovely fruit trees.
The grounds are a fantastic playground for children. You can have a great time here roaming around, crawling through a trench, playing hide and seek and participating in an exciting search and experience walk of about 2 km, with soldier Vendrik as your guide.
Groeneweg
3998 Schalkwijk -
Fort Nieuwersluis
Fort Nieuwersluis Fort Nieuwersluis
Rijksstraatweg 7b
3631 AA Nieuwersluis -
City Museum Woerden
City Museum Woerden Kerkplein 6
3441 BG Woerden -
The Monnikendam
The Monnikendam Plantsoen-Oost 2
3811 HH Amersfoort -
Gagelbos
Gagelbos Gageldijk 104
3566 MJ Utrecht -
Wineyard Hoog Beek & Royen
Wineyard Hoog Beek & Royen Driebergseweg 1
3708JA Zeist -
The Vuursche
The Vuursche Hoge Vuurscheweg
3749 Lage Vuursche -
Slot Zeist
Slot Zeist Zinzendorflaan 1
3703 CE Zeist -
Fort Blauwkapel
Fort Blauwkapel Kapelweg 10
3566 MK Utrecht -
TOP Leerdam
TOP Leerdam TOP Leerdam
Lingedijk 8
4142 LD Leerdam -
Goejanverwelle lock
Goejanverwelle lock
The Goejanverwelle lock and the Enkele Wiericke lock on the Hollandse Ijssel played a key role in the Disaster Year. Together with the lock at Nieuwerbrug on the Oude Rijn, they formed the inlet to the Langeweide polder, which was the narrowest section of the Waterline. The locks were opened on 17 June 1672 – just in time to halt the advance of the French, who had already captured Oudewater and marched right up to the edge of the hastily flooded Waterline. With great promptitude, the commander of the garrison at Goejanverwelle, the Count of Horn, gave the order to raise sconces and fortifications to defend the locks. For the moment, the Waterline was safe!
Goejanverwellesluis
3467 PR Hekendorp