odp
265 to 288 of 296 locations
-
Eethuys-Café De Generaal - Baarn
Eethuys-Café De Generaal - Baarn Lt. Gen. van Heutszlaan 5
3743 JL Baarn -
Bike boat Loosdrecht
Bike boat Loosdrecht Porseleinhaven
Oud-Loosdrechtsedijk
1231 LW Loosdrecht -
TOP trainstation Driebergen-Zeist
TOP trainstation Driebergen-Zeist TOP Station Driebergen-Zeist
Stationsplein, Driebergen
3972 NG Driebergen Rijsenburg -
Goejanverwelle lock
Goejanverwelle lock
The Goejanverwelle lock and the Enkele Wiericke lock on the Hollandse Ijssel played a key role in the Disaster Year. Together with the lock at Nieuwerbrug on the Oude Rijn, they formed the inlet to the Langeweide polder, which was the narrowest section of the Waterline. The locks were opened on 17 June 1672 – just in time to halt the advance of the French, who had already captured Oudewater and marched right up to the edge of the hastily flooded Waterline. With great promptitude, the commander of the garrison at Goejanverwelle, the Count of Horn, gave the order to raise sconces and fortifications to defend the locks. For the moment, the Waterline was safe!
Goejanverwellesluis
3467 PR Hekendorp -
Fort Jutphaas
Fort Jutphaas Fort Jutphaas
Fort Jutphaas 3
3439 LX Nieuwegein -
Fort Abcoude
Fort Abcoude Molenweg 19
1391 CG Abcoude -
TOP Tea Garden Eemnes
TOP Tea Garden Eemnes Meentweg 131
3755 PD Eemnes -
Climb the Tower
Climb the Tower Lieve Vrouwekerkhof
3811 BN Amersfoort -
Geertje’s Hoeve
Geertje’s Hoeve Geertje's Hoeve
Thematerweg 5
3455 SM Utrecht -
Dunes of Soest
Dunes of Soest 3768 Soest
-
Lunchrestaurant Het Broodlokaal
Lunchrestaurant Het Broodlokaal Lunchrestaurant "Het Broodlokaal"
Slotlaan 247
3701 GG ZEIST -
Fort Everdingen
Fort Everdingen
Anyone who delves into the history of the Vijfheerenlanden will soon discover that the now very quiet and peaceful area has a history filled with clashing weapons. Destroyed towns and castles, plundering and domestic (and foreign) wars: every town and village has its own story to tell. Everdingen was put on the Dutch military map in the 19th Century as part of the New Dutch Water Line.
The New Dutch Water Line ran from the former Zuiderzee near Muiden to the Biesbosch near Werkendam and consisted of a variety of defences and inundation fields (areas that could be placed underwater). Fort Everdingen was built between 1842 and 1847 and, together with Fort Honswijk, formed the Lek access on the other side of the Lek. The surrounding land could be flooded using inundation locks. The fort itself was walled and well defended by a variety of casemates. The new Dutch Water Line was prepared 3 times. At the end of World War II, German forces used the line as a defence against the advancing Allies. Fort Everdingen lost its defensive function after the war. The military Explosive Ordinance Disposal service used the fort until 2014. It’s now home to the German & Lauret brewery, which uses the special water filtering system in their brewery. It’s also an over-wintering place for many bats.
Further reading: Batestein Castle, Hagestein Castle, Vianen Castle, Brederode statue, Everdingen village centre, Vianen water tower. Noodweg 2
4121 KK Everdingen -
Bicycle Boat, stop Breukelen
Bicycle Boat, stop Breukelen Fietsboot over de Vecht, opstapplaats Breukelen
Herenstraat 41
3621AP Breukelen -
Castellum Hoge Woerd
Castellum Hoge Woerd Hoge Woerdplein 1
3454 PB De Meern -
Treek-Henschoten Estate
Treek-Henschoten Estate Treekerweg 11
3832 RS Leusden -
TOP De Kuil van Drakensteyn
TOP De Kuil van Drakensteyn Zevenlindeweg 9
3749 AW Lage Vuursche -
Fort Waver-Amstel
Fort Waver-Amstel Waverdijk 19
3646 AS Nessersluis -
Delicacy shop ’t Kaasmeisje
Delicacy shop ’t Kaasmeisje Leeuweringerstraat 28
3421AC Oudewater -
Rijn en Zon corn mill in the Vogelenbuurt
Rijn en Zon corn mill in the Vogelenbuurt Adelaarstraat 30
3524 CE Utrecht -
The Monnikendam
The Monnikendam Plantsoen-Oost 2
3811 HH Amersfoort -
Bicycle Boat, Maarssen
Bicycle Boat, Maarssen Fietsboot over de Vecht, opstapplaats Maarssen
Zandweg 44 (tegenover nr. 44)
3601AE Maarssen -
Werk aan het Spoel
Werk aan het Spoel
In 1815, a fan lock was built into the Lekdijk near Goilberdingen for inundation purposes. It was protected by an earthen battery. In 1848, the battery was upgraded to a fort. Later on, the inundation system was optimised, and four bomb-proof buildings were added to the fort. In peacetime, the road on top of the dyke ran right through the fort, but traffic was led around the fort in times of mobilisation. In 1939, seven concrete shelters and two machine gun casemates were added. An unusual feature is the high free-standing wall in a field to the south of the fort. This was the stop butt of a German firing range.
Goilberdingerdijk 40
4106 LC Culemborg -
Zoo Amersfoort
Zoo Amersfoort Barchman Wuytierslaan 224
3819 AC Amersfoort -
Café-Restaurant-Hotel Buitenlust
Café-Restaurant-Hotel Buitenlust Café-Restaurant-Hotel Buitenlust
Burg. Jhr. H v.d. Boschstraat 13
3958 CA Amerongen