odp
25 to 48 of 297 locations
-
Koppelpoort Amersfoort
Koppelpoort Amersfoort Kleine Spui 2
3811 MG Amersfoort -
Grote Kerk Vianen (Great Church)
Grote Kerk Vianen (Great Church)
Hubrecht van Vianen founded a chapel in the 13th Century. It fell under the mother church in Hagestein and began growing fast. In the year 1345, it became a parish church and was granted marriage and burial rights. For this, a sum of money had to be paid to the church in Hagestein annually. In the 14th Century, the chapel was replaced by a single-nave church. In the year 1433, following a feud between Vianen and Hagestein, the Bishop of Utrecht decided to split the two churches.
In the mid-15th Century, the church was replaced by a 3-aisle Gothic hall church which is the same size as the current church. (Including the tower, it’s 77.5 metres long, 43 metres wide and 41 metres high.) Since the church also contains the family graves of the Lords of Vianen, it was required to match the grand status of the Brederodes in terms of its size and appearance.
After a fire in the year 1540, the church (de Grote Kerk) was rebuilt in its current form almost immediately (as a combination of a hall church and cruciform church) with the support of Reinoud III van Brederode. The church became Reformed under his son, Hendrik van Brederode. On 25 September 1566, the Roman Catholic institution disappeared and then, on 1 October, the first Protestant service was held.
Discover all monuments in Vianen. Grote kerk Vianen
Voorstraat 110
4132 AT Vianen -
Utrechtse Heuvelrug National Park
Utrechtse Heuvelrug National Park Nationaal Park Utrechtse Heuvelrug
-
Fort on the Ossenmarkt
Fort on the Ossenmarkt Fort aan de Ossenmarkt
Ossenmarkt 44
1381 LX Weesp -
Geesberge country estate
Geesberge country estate Zandpad 23
3601 NA Maarssen -
National Military Museum
National Military Museum Verlengde Paltzerweg 1
3768 MX Soest -
Fort Everdingen aan de Lek
Fort Everdingen aan de Lek Noodweg 2
4121 KK Everdingen -
Amersfoort Zoo
Amersfoort Zoo Barchman Wuytierslaan 224
3819 AC Amersfoort -
TOP Lexmond
TOP Lexmond Nieuwe Rijksweg 6
4128 BN Lexmond -
Batteries on the Karnemelksloot
Batteries on the Karnemelksloot Batterijen aan de Karnemelksloot
Verlengde Fortlaan 116
1411 EA Naarden -
Buiten in de Kuil - Lage Vuursche
Buiten in de Kuil - Lage Vuursche Zevenlindenweg 9
3749 AW Lage Vuursche -
Petrus Tower
Petrus Tower Emmakade 6a
3441 AJ Woerden -
Ivn excursie Kwintelooyen
Ivn excursie Kwintelooyen Oude Veensegrindweg 39
3911 TA Rhenen -
Pannenkoekenhuis de Grebbeberg
Pannenkoekenhuis de Grebbeberg Grebbeweg 101
3911 AV Rhenen -
National Glass Museum & Glass studio
National Glass Museum & Glass studio Lingedijk 28
4142 LD Leerdam -
Glass studio
Glass studio De Glasblazerij
Zuidwal
4141 BE Leerdam -
Mouse Towers | Leerdam
Mouse Towers | Leerdam Zuidwal
4141 BE Leerdam -
Boundary posts
Boundary posts
In around 1875, the Ministry of War erected some 350 boundary posts along the length of the Kromme Rijn. The blue stone posts, marked with the letter O (for Oorlog, the Dutch word for war) and a number, marked the new route for transporting water to the New Dutch Waterline. The posts used to line up with plot boundaries. Many have been removed over the years, but the water board has returned 18 of them to their original location along the towpath between Werkhoven and Odijk following the construction of an environmentally friendly riverbank.
Jaagpad
Odijk -
Hotel 't Wapen van Harmelen
Hotel 't Wapen van Harmelen Dorpsstraat 14
3481 EK Harmelen -
Wineyard Hoog Beek & Royen
Wineyard Hoog Beek & Royen Driebergseweg 1
3708JA Zeist -
Nationaal Bomenmuseum Gimborn
Nationaal Bomenmuseum Gimborn Velperengh 13
3941 BZ Doorn -
TOP Marnemoende, IJsselstein
TOP Marnemoende, IJsselstein Noord IJsseldijk 107b
2402PG IJsselstein -
TOP Museum Spakenburg
TOP Museum Spakenburg Oude Schans 47
3752 AH Bunschoten-Spakenburg -
Renswoude Castle
Renswoude Castle Dorpsstraat 3-9
3927BA Renswoude