Museum Catharijneconvent shows the history of Christianity in the Netherlands through centuries-old art as well as contemporary art.
Paintings by Rembrandt, Pieter Saenredam and Jan van Scorel, relics, video art by Guido van der Werve and others, sculptures of saints, ancient manuscripts, a huge stained glass window by Marc Mulders and all there is to know about holidays such as Christmas, Easter and St Nicholas. This and more is on display in the Catharijneconvent Museum in a magnificent medieval convent. This oasis of art and culture is located in the centre and in walking distance from the Dom. The Catharijneconvent Museum tells the fascinating story of the past and present of Christianity in the Netherlands. With a collection consisting of Protestant and Catholic art and cultural objects, there is no other museum like this in the entire world.
Lange Nieuwstraat 38
3512 PH Utrecht Plan your route
from your location
- Every monday closed
- Every tuesday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every wednesday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every thursday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every friday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every saturday from 11:00 to 17:00
- Every sunday from 11:00 to 17:00
- Note: opening times may be different during public holidays