City castle Oudaen
A monumental building from 1276 with its own brewery and a number of conference rooms, among other things.
In or around the year 1276, the Zoudenbalch family commissioned the construction of this so-called city castle. The building was entirely made of bricks, turning it into some kind of defence house. In 1395, the building got into the hands of the Oudaen family who named it after themselves. From 1758 until 1965 it was used as an old folks' home. After that, it was briefly in the possession of a student association. Since 1986, Oudaen is being used as a catering establishment.