Dutch Fortress Museum
Naarden-Vesting’s barracks and grassy ramparts serve as reminders of its eventful past, when it served as a military defence post to protect the access road to the wealthy district of Holland and the merchant city of Amsterdam against enemies. The Dutch Fortress Museum offers visitors a comprehensive overview of the Netherlands’ entire military history.
Eavesdropping tunnels, cannon salutes, boat trips, workshops, guided tours, children’s parties and interesting collections: the Fortress Museum has it all. Take a walk along its verdant ramparts or wander the subterranean casemates. Experience the pomp and circumstance of Naarden-Vesting.
Het Nederlands Vestingmuseum
1411 PB Naarden
- Every monday closed
- Every tuesday from 10:30 to 17:00
- Every wednesday from 10:30 to 17:00
- Every thursday from 10:30 to 17:00
- Every friday from 10:30 to 17:00
- Every saturday from 10:30 to 17:00
- Every sunday from 10:30 to 17:00