odp
169 to 192 of 296 locations
-
Sterkenburg Castle
Sterkenburg Castle Langbroekerdijk 10
3972 ND Driebergen-Rijsenburg -
Schaapskooi Heidestein
Schaapskooi Heidestein Parkeerplaats Landgoed Heidestein
Hoog Kanje 186
3708 XA Zeist -
Molen de Windhond
Molen de Windhond Wilhelminaweg 1
3447 GR Woerden -
Papal house
Papal house Kromme Nieuwegracht 49
3512 HE Utrecht -
Petting Zoo 'Oortjespad'
Petting Zoo 'Oortjespad' Oortjespad 1
3471 HD Kamerik -
Soesterduinen Sand Dunes
Soesterduinen Sand Dunes Soesterbergsestraat 140
3786 MD Soest -
Blik & Burgers playground and restaurant
Blik & Burgers playground and restaurant Filosofenlaantje 9
3703 DZ Zeist -
Plofsluis
Plofsluis
The Plofsluis consists of five concrete bins with a relatively weak floor that span the Amsterdam-Rhine Canal. The bins could store around 40,000 tonnes of sand, gravel or debris. In wartime, the floor could be blow up, so that its contents would drop into the Amsterdam-Rhine Canal. This would block the canal and prevent the inundation water from flowing out. The lock was designed in such a way that its sides would remain upright after the explosion, so that the floor could be reconstructed and the sluice could be used again. It was never actually used.
Plofsluis 0
3439 LS Nieuwegein -
Pyramid of Austerlitz
Pyramid of Austerlitz Zeisterweg 98
3931 MG Woudenberg -
Werk aan het Spoel
Werk aan het Spoel
In 1815, a fan lock was built into the Lekdijk near Goilberdingen for inundation purposes. It was protected by an earthen battery. In 1848, the battery was upgraded to a fort. Later on, the inundation system was optimised, and four bomb-proof buildings were added to the fort. In peacetime, the road on top of the dyke ran right through the fort, but traffic was led around the fort in times of mobilisation. In 1939, seven concrete shelters and two machine gun casemates were added. An unusual feature is the high free-standing wall in a field to the south of the fort. This was the stop butt of a German firing range.
Goilberdingerdijk 40
4106 LC Culemborg -
Fort Uithoorn
Fort Uithoorn Mijdrechtse Zuwe 31
1427 AV Amstelhoek -
Bike Boat Eemlijn
Bike Boat Eemlijn Fietsboot Eemlijn, opstapplaats Eemdijk
Eemweg 72 (tussen fietsknooppunten 17 en 64)
3741 LC Baarn -
TOP trainstation Driebergen-Zeist
TOP trainstation Driebergen-Zeist TOP Station Driebergen-Zeist
Stationsplein, Driebergen
3972 NG Driebergen Rijsenburg -
Air Base Park Soesterberg
Air Base Park Soesterberg Verlengde Paltzerweg 1
3768 MX Soest -
Landgoed Ginkelduin
Landgoed Ginkelduin Scherpenzeelseweg 53
3956 KD Leersum -
Recreatiepark De Lucht
Recreatiepark De Lucht De Leughte Resort Renswoude
Barneveldsestraat 49
3927 CB Renswoude -
Geesberge country estate
Geesberge country estate Zandpad 23
3601 NA Maarssen -
TOP Huis Doorn
TOP Huis Doorn Langbroekerweg 10
3941 MT Doorn -
Fort Kijkuit
Fort Kijkuit Fort Kijkuit
Gabriëlweg 6
1241 ND Kortenhoef -
TOP Groeneveld Castle
TOP Groeneveld Castle Groeneveld 2
3744 ML Baarn -
Fort Werk aan de Groeneweg
Fort Werk aan de Groeneweg
Walking through the historic trenches of Werk aan de Groeneweg is like a walk back in time. The defence structure still has its original configuration. The infantry set-up in World War One consisted of a double trench with earthen walls, 55 group shelters and lovely fruit trees.
The grounds are a fantastic playground for children. You can have a great time here roaming around, crawling through a trench, playing hide and seek and participating in an exciting search and experience walk of about 2 km, with soldier Vendrik as your guide.
Groeneweg
3998 Schalkwijk -
Fort Everdingen
Fort Everdingen
Anyone who delves into the history of the Vijfheerenlanden will soon discover that the now very quiet and peaceful area has a history filled with clashing weapons. Destroyed towns and castles, plundering and domestic (and foreign) wars: every town and village has its own story to tell. Everdingen was put on the Dutch military map in the 19th Century as part of the New Dutch Water Line.
The New Dutch Water Line ran from the former Zuiderzee near Muiden to the Biesbosch near Werkendam and consisted of a variety of defences and inundation fields (areas that could be placed underwater). Fort Everdingen was built between 1842 and 1847 and, together with Fort Honswijk, formed the Lek access on the other side of the Lek. The surrounding land could be flooded using inundation locks. The fort itself was walled and well defended by a variety of casemates. The new Dutch Water Line was prepared 3 times. At the end of World War II, German forces used the line as a defence against the advancing Allies. Fort Everdingen lost its defensive function after the war. The military Explosive Ordinance Disposal service used the fort until 2014. It’s now home to the German & Lauret brewery, which uses the special water filtering system in their brewery. It’s also an over-wintering place for many bats.
Further reading: Batestein Castle, Hagestein Castle, Vianen Castle, Brederode statue, Everdingen village centre, Vianen water tower. Noodweg 2
4121 KK Everdingen -
Gagelbos
Gagelbos Gageldijk 104
3566 MJ Utrecht -
Fort de Gagel
Fort de Gagel Gageldijk 165
3566 MJ Utrecht